Click here to download the application in Word format.
Access the FBIS "Vault":
Click here to access some great information and resources.
Welcome to FBIS Maryland:
The first semester of the 2005-2006 year is underway! And what can you expect this semester at FBIS?
Visits from companies:
• JPM Private Banking and Investment banking
• General Electric - FMP
• Legg Mason Investment Banking
• Joe Wikler - Member of the Board of Directors at Oppenheimer Funds
• Larry Davis - Managing Partner at Aronson Capital Partners
• Bear Sterns Investment Banking
• Baltimore Trip in November to visit T. Rowe Price, Legg Mason, and Morgan Stanley
• New York Trip in April to visit Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse First Boston, JP Morgan, Merrill Lynch, Lehman Brothers.
• Etiquette Dinner / Socials
• Community Service - Happy Helpers, Mentoring, Accenture events, AIDS Walk
And other Benefits...
• Mock Interviews and Resume Critiques from the professionals in the particular industry you're looking into.
• Stock Competition
• Access to our "Vault" guide of Interview questions, resumes, and sample cover letters.
The Finance, Banking, and Investment Society is an undergraduate student organization based in
the Robert H. Smith School of Business at University of Maryland, College Park.
The society welcomes a diverse composition of motivated individuals bonded by a common
interest into the many facets of finance and business. FBIS prides itself in providing
a unique experience in which students are able to enrich their knowledge of the financial
world through corporate and community interaction. The group fulfills the needs of its
membership and stakeholders through academic experiences, professional and social interactions,
and community service.
FBIS was established to provide unique experiences transcending that of the average college student.
This includes numerous opportunities to network with fellow students, faculty, and corporate
professionals. Aided by the strong networks and friends of the nationally ranked Robert H. Smith School
of Business, FBIS is able to enhance the learning experience beyond the classroom. We stress
leadership and community involvement in the development of future business leaders. FBIS realizes
the wealth of opportunities available for our business students and works to capitalize on these
in bringing full benefit to its membership.
"Our Mission Statement"
The mission of FBIS is to increase the exposure of finance and finance related careers and issues
to all aspiring students. By developing professional relationships and fostering the growth of
young leaders, FBIS looks to close the gap between college and the corporate world. Utilizing
the diverse background of our membership, FBIS will nurture the development of a strong business
community within the University of Maryland.
FBIS website designed by
Maintained by: Webmaster -GregMartirosian and Developer
- Richard Franks